$10 for Zoo Entry, $19 for a Monkey Encounter + Zoo Entry or $29 for a Tiger Encounter + Zoo Entry at Pouakai Zoo (Value Up To $41)
- Fine Print
- Get up close with your favourite animals at Pouakai Zoo!
- $10 for Zoo Entry (Value $16)
- $19 for a Monkey Encounter + Zoo Entry (Value $31)
- $29 for a Tiger Encounter + Zoo Entry (Value $41)
- With the encounter options you'll get to hand feed the tigers or monkeys at Pouakai Zoo. You'll come face to face with these gorgeous animals in the closest encounter you could hope for! This treat also includes general zoo entry so you'll get to check out all the other amazing animals.
- Hand feed the monkeys at 12:30pm from Tuesday to Sunday
- Come face to face with these beautiful tigers, taking part in the zoo's tiger encounter that runs at 1pm from Tuesday to Sunday
- With the tiger option, each person will be given 4 to 5 small pieces of meat to feed them, feeling the heat of their breath through the gate that separates you
- Learn how animals live and enjoy seeing some of your favourites
The Fine Print
Offer expires on 24 December 2016 (can be used on this day)
Walk-ins OK - no appointments required for zoo entry
Booking essential for encounters - call 06 753 3788
All services must be used by 1 customer
Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult with a voucher also
For Tuesday - Sunday: Tiger encounter runs at 1pm, Monkey encounter runs at 12:30pm
10 people is the maximum to do it in same day
Encounter valid for all ages
Both child and adult need to pay for the encounter. No exchanges. No refunds or cash back (except where required by law). Must be used in 1 visit. Not for use with other offers.
If you really need convincing...
Lions, and tigers, and bears, oh my!
Well, definitely tigers, and maybe lions if you're interested - bears... well, you'll find out!
Unlike Dorothy, you'll be totally delighted to encounter one of nature's most exciting big cats, as well as monkeys of the non-flying variety.
Pouakai Zoo is a family friendly zoo where you can hand-feed some wonderful animals such as goats, llama, cattle, sheep, kunekune pigs. Theres heaps of bird life roaming the zoo grounds including peacocks, ducks, pigeons, emus and ostriches.
Bring lunch and sit back to watch monkeys swing or meerkats play. The lion pride and tigers are fed daily at 1:30pm, so time your trip for that!
You can also take a stroll through the bush walk to visit the livestock on the west side of the zoo. While there, be sure to check out the fish in their 1500 litre tank, or say hello to their reptile collection. What a blast!