- Fine Print
- Time to take flight!
- U-FLY Wanaka has two top options to get you in the air and in control.
- $270 for a 30 Minute U-FLY Aerobatic Flight
- $435 for a 50 Minute 'Take Control' Glacial Scenic Flight for up to 3 people
- Both options include take home DVDs.
- Their experienced pilot will encourage and assist you to fly the plane.
- The photographic opportunities are abundant in the region so your instructor will take the controls from time to time to allow you to shoot some pictures.
- Once in the air, you will be able to climb, descend, and do some turns together with the instructor, and then it is your turn.
- Witness some of New Zealand's most stunning scenery from a very special vantage point!
- Be warned, flying is rewarding and fun and can be addictive!
- A fantastic gift for an adventurous friend or family member.
- Snap up this soaringly special offer today.
The Fine Print
Offer expires on 8/07/2016
Subject to availability & weather conditions
24-hour cancellation policy applies
Maximum weight for pilot is 135kg
No refunds or cash back (except where required by law)
Not for use with other offers
If you really need convincing...
$270 for a 30 Minute U-FLY Aerobatic Flight
The 30 minute flight lesson combines a flight experience with stunning views over Lake Wanaka, and the islands that have been shaped by glaciers in the last ice age. The flightpath heads out to the mouth of the Matukituki Valley – the gateway to Mount Aspiring National Park, then on to include Lake Wanaka's four islands, several of which are sanctuaries for endangered flightless birds. Views extend to the top of Lake Wanaka and wild Lake Hawea. This abundance of fresh water is a paradise for watersport lovers in the summer and is the start of the Clutha hydro-electric scheme. Before landing back at Wanaka Airport, the large pivot irrigators can be seen leaving outer worldly rings in the countryside below.
$435 for a 50 Minute 'Take Control' Glacial Scenic Flight for up to 3 people. Pay just $435 and bring yourself and 2 others.
After a pilot briefing you will take off and climb up to 3500 meters above the ground heading west up the majestic Matukituki valley & into the heart of Mount Aspiring National Park. Passing by picturesque Glendhu Bay area, Rocky Mountain, the ski area of Treble Cone and into Mount Aspiring National Park. You can then view the glaciers in their true glistening glory. You will be flying through a magical alpine wonderland that is only seen by a very privileged few. Your turn around point is right under Mount Aspiring where you can see waterfalls cascading down at the heart of the Southern Alps. You then fly low level down the Matukituki River following the braided river to the clear blue of Lake Wanaka. On the homeward leg you fly over Mou Wahu Island with a local legend to be learned as you pass by.