Eastern Taranaki Experience
$350 for the Forgotten World Highway Cycling Experience (16-18 December, 2016 or 13-15 January, 2017) from Eastern Taranaki Experience
- Fine Print
- Get on your bike for an adventure you'll never forget with today's great treat!
- $350 for the Forgotten World Highway Cycling Experience
- Available 16 - 18 December, 2016 and 13- 15, January 2017
- You'll bike 90kms over two days on tar sealed roads and enjoy catered meals and full support of fully licensed operators
- Includes 2 nights' twin share accommodation, all meals from dinner day 1 to lunch day 3 and all transport of people and luggage
- Bring your own bike, or hire one at an additional cost (payable direct to merchant)
- Optional extras incl. $40 to transfer your vehicle to Whangamomona, $40 per person for a downhill ride from a mountain road end (either Plateau or Dawsom Falls road)
- Eastern Taranaki Experience have been in business for over 15 years and here to provide expert advice and local knowledge
- They're Taranaki Tourism and Hospitality Award winners, so you know you're in great hands!
- Check out their website for more info
The Fine Print
Offer expires on 15 January, 2017
Multiple vouchers can be purchased (limit: 2 for you & 2 as gifts)
Bookings are essential & subject to availability (email firstname.lastname@example.org & quote voucher code)
Min 2 people per trip needed for trip to go ahead, max 10 (limited by accommodation)
Only valid for dates specified on voucher
24 hour cancellation policy applies or voucher is void
Limit 1 voucher per customer per visit. Must be used in 1 visit by 1 person
No exchanges. No refunds or cash back (except where required by law). Not for use with other offers
Arrive in Stratford at your own leisure for a night’s stay in Stratford Heritage Lodge. We have designed a 14km ride around our town and you can take the map for a warm up ride. Includes dinner in the lodge.
Your ride begins around 9am after your included continental breakfast. Today’s ride is 42kms – the first 32kms is on the Forgotten World Highway, then at Strathmore you turn right and bike 10kms to your farmstay accommodation to enjoy amazing genuine country hospitality.
You will go through the 160m Makahu Tunnel on this section of the ride. The farmstay hosts have farmed in this area for 40+ years - you will discover people like them are the back bone of this country.
Included in your deal are morning tea and lunch stops along the way, with dinner, bed and breakfast at the farmstay. Your overnight gear is transferred to the farmstay and with a vehicle in support of your ride, very little gear needs to be taken or carried on the bike.
You will be reluctant to leave the peaceful Makahu Valley but it is back on the bikes to retrace the 10kms back to the Forgotten World Highway as you head to Whangamomona for a well-deserved drink at the historic Whangamomona Hotel before your return transport to Stratford. Today is a total of 45kms biking.
If you really need convincing...
If you're after gorgeous views, country hospitality and a whole lot of time on your bike, then you're going to love today's treat from Eastern Taranaki Experience.
The Forgotten World Highway Cycling Experience is ideal for people who are capable of biking 90kms over two days (all on tar-sealed roads) and also enjoy catered meals and full support of fully licensed operators who have been in business, in this area, for over 15 years.
You'll enjoy 2 nights' accommodation, all meals from dinner on Day 1 to lunch on Day 3 and all transport of people and luggage as required and described. Check out what's the agenda on the 'Schedule' tab!
Add on extras to enhance your trip:
- $40 to have your vehicle transferred to Whangamomona – this means you can drive the rest of the highway as you head to Taumarunui, without having to come back to Stratford OR stay the night at the hotel – you will need to do your own bookings with the hotel. 06 7625823 or email@example.com
- $40 per person for a downhill ride from a mountain road end. We transport you and the bike to your choice of either Plateau or Dawson Falls road end and you cycle back to Stratford at your own leisure. This can easily be completed on arrival day if you are in Stratford by midday.
Bike hire is not included as you're more than welcome to bring your own, however they are available to hire at an extra cost (enquire when booking). There's a max of 10 people on each trip, so get in quick!