Kapiti Island Nature Tours
$499 for a 1 Night Stay for 2 People on Kapiti Island incl. Meals & Activities at Kapiti Nature Lodge, or $769 for a 2 Night Stay from Kapiti Island Nature Tours
- Fine Print
- Here's a neat treat for 2 people to experience some serious ecological wonder.
- 2 options:
- $499 for a 1 night stay for 2 incl. kiwi spotting, meals & activities
- $769 for a 2 night stay for 2 incl. kiwi spotting, meals & activities
- Nature & history guided day walk to meet the ‘locals’ – Aotearoa’s most precious endangered birds - in the tranquillity of New Zealand native bush
- This is your chance to engage with endangered New Zealand birds like Takahe, Kākā, Weka, Tīeke (Saddleback), Kereru, Kokako, Hihi, and Toutouwai (Robin) in their natural habitat
- Valid through 1 October, 2016 to 31 January, 2017 (valid 7 days)
- Includes comfy accommodation in a warm cabin, lined with native timber and nestled in the middle of Waiorua valley
- With stunning views of the surrounding bush, feeling close to nature will be easy to do as you listen to beautiful birdsong
- Single, double, and bunk configurations available. Shared toilet and shower facilities are located nearby
- Enjoy magnificent meals prepared by the lodge’s chef!
- Check out more info just below and nab your getaway today!
The Fine Print
Valid from 1 October, 2016 through to 31 January, 2017
Multiple vouchers can be purchased (limit: 20 for you & 20 as gifts)
Please book at least two weeks in advance of your intended dates
To check availability or to make a booking, voucher holders need to email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0800 527 484. You cannot book direct on the Kapiti Island Nature Tours website booking system
When emailing through your booking enquiry, please email your preferred date for your booking, your names, a contact phone number that you can be contacted on the night before your booking (a mobile number too if you have one) and if you have any dietary requirements
Bookings are essential & subject to availability and weather (email email@example.com or ph 0800 527 484 & quote voucher code)
Must be used in 1 visit
Valid for bookings 7 days a week i.e. Monday to Sunday, subject to availability
Valid for twin share cabin accommodation only
To ensure you get the dates you want, book ASAP
Ferry leaves Kapiti Boating Club at 9am (2:30pm sailing option - must be booked in advance) and returns the following day 3pm (with the option of a 9:30am sailing - must be booked in advance)
Kapiti Island Nature Tours will handle booking requirements, incl. ferry transport & DOC permit arrangements
Includes all food accommodation and beverages
Wine & beer only available for customers over the age of 18
No refunds or cash back (except where required by law)
Not for use with other offers
If you really need convincing...
I've always felt a bit bad that, while we name ourselves after them, I've never seen a kiwi itself in the wild. Sure, they haven't seen me in my habitat either but I don't think it really balances out the same. No kiwi wants to watch me playing video games and complaining on the internet.
The Kapiti Island Nature Lodge is just a 15 minute boat ride from Paraparaumu Beach. With genuine Maori hospitality, you'll have a comfortable and relaxing experience whether you want to stay for one night or two.
Clean linen and bedding is provided, you just need to bring general toiletries and towels. Plus there are meals for the entire time you're there, as the chefs prepare buffet meals making use of fresh, local produce and seafood. You'd best believe they've had plenty of guests saying their kai is superb. All food and beverages are included as part of this all inclusive package. The Kapiti Island Nature Lodge is one of the world’s great conservation environments and a truly unique location. A great alternative to Wellington hotels just on its own.
But then we come to our flightless friends! The Maori name for Little Spotted Kiwi is Kiwi Pukupuku and there is about 1,200 of the lil cuties here. This is a fantastic chance to see a healthy population of Little Spotted Kiwi in their natural habitat. Many have been quoted as saying that seeing kiwi in the wild is a life changing experience.
Of course, being such a wonderful location, it’s not just kiwi that you’ll get up close and personal with - there’s a wide variety of endangered NZ birds to interact with as well as plenty of NZ flora and fauna.
They always say that, as you get older, you regret what you didn’t do over what you did - don’t let these treasures go un-witnessed by your eyes any longer. Plus, I already got excited and told our Little Spotted mates you were coming to visit, so, um, awkward.
Your package includes
• Ferry transport to the north end of island
• Introductory talk & welcome from experienced nature guides
• Overnight accommodation at Kapiti Nature Lodge (twin-share cabin)
• Meals from the lodge’s Chef (all food supplied) as well as pre-dinner nibbles and beverages (alcohol over 18 only)
• A nighttime kiwi spotting walk with an experienced and knowledgeable guide
• Return ferry back to the mainland
Please book well in advance for the best chance to secure your preferred visit date.