The Boat Shed Kayaks
$59 for an Adult or $40 for a Child on a 3 Hour Glow-Worm Adventure Kayak Trip with The Boat Shed (Value Up To $110)
- Fine Print
- Experience a breath-taking 3 hour glow worm adventure kayak trip with The Boatshed
- Pay just $40 for a child (value $90)
- Or $59 for an adult (value $110)
- Glow-worms like you've never seen them before - outside in the evening light
- Kayak down the Waikato River & Pokaiwhenua stream. Stop for a NZ wine (hot drink for the kids) and cheese around a campfire
- Great for corporate groups, families and a bit of adventure!
- Trips run every Friday, Saturday & Sunday evening
- Early weekday trips available through arrangement
- Arrive at departure point at 4:30pm, return by 7:30pm (estimate only, will change due to daylight hours)
The Fine Print
Offer expires 3 November, 2016
Multiple vouchers can be purchased (limit: 3 for you & 3 as gifts)
Bookings are essential & subject to availability (ph 078278286 or email firstname.lastname@example.org & quote voucher code)
24 hour cancellation policy applies or voucher is void
Trips run every Friday, Saturday & Sunday evening
The trip takes between 2.5 - 3hrs
Trip departure times vary depending on daylight hours
Must bring warm clothing
Waterproof pants and a limited number of jackets are available
Minimum age of 5 years
All kayaks are doubles so singles will be paired with someone
Current start time is 4:30pm with the trip finishing around 7:30pm
Must be used in 1 visit by 1 person
No refunds or cash back (except where required by law)
Not for use with other offers
If you really need convincing...
This fantastic kayak adventure offers something very special for the whole family. Starting from the Epworth camp, you'll kayak your way down a truly beautiful section of the Waikato River, to the Pokewhaenua stream. With stunning twilight lake views you head under the Pokaiwhenua Bridge and into the glow-worm canyon.
Draped with native ferns, the canyon offers a true slice of New Zealand Beauty, and as the light fades away the unique incandescence of the glow-worms start to shine from the surrounding walls. After a quick glass of some of New Zealand’s finest wines (hot drink for the kids) complemented with some tasty cheeses around the warmth of a campfire, it’s back in the boats, as you drift slowly down stream using only the light from the glow-worms.
Viewing glow-worms from a kayak on the surface of the world is a whole different experience from seeing them inside a cave like at Waitomo.
Want to know more? Check out the experience's awesome winter reviews on TripAdvisor.
The team at The Boat Shed love to show off New Zealand’s natural beauty, and to make sure you have a good time. With a wide range of activities and tours available, they offer expert local knowledge, safety and fun - so click Buy Now to experience the magic for yourself!