From $95 for a Flight Experience, Options Available for a Helicopter Flight, Float Plane Flight Above Mt Tarawera or Heli Landing on White Island from Volcanic Air (Child & Adult Passes Available)
- Fine Print
- Flapping arms and weak leaps won’t send you skywards, but today’s deal will give you an aerial view that will put your patio to shame!
- Soak in unforgettable natural wonders from a vantage point beyond what any viewing deck could give you!
- Opt to visit the historical wonder that erupted in 1886 or check out New Zealand’s only permanently active volcano (and all the natural phenomena that go with it!)
- Check out the soaring package options below:
- $95 for a heli flight experience
- $161 for a child’s pass for the Float Plane Mount Tarawera/Waimangu Thermal Valley - "Eruption Trail Tour"
- $215 for an adult’s pass for the Float Plane Mount Tarawera/Waimangu Thermal Valley - "Eruption Trail Tour"
- $289 for a child’s pass for the - Heli Mount Tarawera Volcanic Landing - “Eruption Trail tour and volcanic landing”
- $385 for an adult’s pass for the Heli Mount Tarawera Volcanic Landing - “Eruption Trail tour and volcanic landing”
- $649 for a child’s pass for the Heli White Island 'Active Volcano' landing and walking tour
- $865 for an adult’s pass for the Heli White Island 'Active Volcano' landing and walking tour
- Volcanic Air are the only local company to have landing/tour rights to these unique locations, so jump aboard and see the breath-taking sights for yourself
- Flights depart from the Rotorua city lakefront
- See more info about each package below and make your flying daydreams come true!
The Fine Print
Offer expires 18 October, 2016
Multiple vouchers can be purchased (limit: 4 for you & 4 as gifts)
Bookings are essential & subject to availability and weather conditions (Free phone within NZ on 0800 800 848 or email firstname.lastname@example.org & quote voucher code
Minimum of 2 adult fares required per trip
Children are classed as 2-11 years old
NOTE: Children are the same price as adults for the Heli Flight Experience, all other experiences have a child price option
No refunds or cash back (except where required by law)
Not for use with other offers
If you really need convincing...
Some of the most spectacular spots are reserved for those who are willing to look for them, with the wings required to find them! Discover some of New Zealand’s most spectacular views with Volcanic Air.
With an experienced team and fantastic aircrafts, Volcanic Air are the people to take you to these hidden gems. See more information about each tour option just below:
Have a taster of the helicopter experience with an 8 minute flight offering you panoramic views of Rotorua. It’s the perfect ride for first time passengers!
Float Plane Mount Tarawera/Waimangu Thermal Valley - "Eruption Trail Tour":
Departing from the lakefront pier, you'll take off from the water then soar above Mokoia Island over to the hidden lakes district and volcanic peaks of Mt Tarawera. You’ll see aerial views of the Waimangu thermal Valley and its vibrant Inferno Crater and Frying Pan Lake as well as the Whakarewarewa thermal reserve upon your descent.
Flight time: approx 30 minutes
Heli Mount Tarawera Volcanic Landing - “Eruption Trail tour and volcanic landing”:
Fly right to the site of the largest eruption in NZ's memory! You'll land on Mt Tarawera and have the opportunity to view spectacular craters and domes formed by the 1886 eruption. While you're on the mountain, enjoy commentary about the region's history, culture and geology. Soak in the views of the Lakes District and National Parks from above as you fly in and out!
Allow 40 minutes
Heli White Island 'Active Volcano' landing and walking tour:
White Island is New Zealand’s only permanently active volcano, and this tour allows you to fly and land right on it!
Leaving the Rotorua city lakefront, you’ll fly past the northern lakes district before crossing the coast to White Island. Soak in the aerial views of the active crater before landing on its moon-like surface.
Hop out and enjoy a guided tour of the crater floor to see steam vents, sulphur formations and hot streams.
Part of our tour includes a walk through mining ruins to view the remains of a working factory built in 1923 and abandoned in 1933. The tour is conducted by your pilot / guide who has a wealth of knowledge about the island's history and geology.
Allow 2.5-3 hours