From $20 for An Animal Encounter + Zoo Entry at Pouakai Zoo
- Fine Print
- Feed the tigers & monkeys at Pouakai Zoo, located beneath Mount Taranaki and home to Taranaki's only lion pride.
- $20 for a monkey encounter incl. zoo entry
- $30 for a tiger encounter incl. zoo entry
- Hand feed the monkeys at 12:30pm from Tuesday to Sunday.
- Come face to face with these beautiful predators, taking part in the zoo's tiger encounter that runs at 1pm from Tuesday to Sunday.
- For the tiger encounter each person will be given 4 to 5 small pieces of meat to feed the tigers, feeling the heat of their breath through the gate that separates you.
- Learn how animals live and enjoy seeing some of your favourites.
The Fine Print
Booking essential, subject to availability.
Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult with a voucher also.
For Tuesday - Sunday: Tiger encounter runs at 1pm, Monkey encounter runs at 12:30pm.
10 people is the maximum to do it in same day.
Encounter valid for all ages.
Both child and adult need to pay for the encounter.
No refunds or cash back (except where required by law).
Must be used in 1 visit.
Not for use with other offers.
If you really need convincing...
Lions, and tigers, and bears, oh my!
Well, definitely tigers, and maybe lions if you're interested - bears... well, you'll find out!
Unlike Dorothy, you'll be totally delighted to encounter one of nature's most exciting big cats, as well as monkeys of the non-flying variety.
With this treat you'll get to hand feed the tigers and monkeys at Pouakai Zoo. You'll come face to face with these gorgeous animals with four to five small pieces of meat to feed them, in the closest encounter you could hope for! This treat also includes general zoo entry so you'll get to check out all the other amazing animals.
Pouakai Zoo is a family friendly zoo where you can hand-feed some wonderful animals such as goats, llama, cattle, sheep, kunekune pigs. There's heaps of bird life roaming the zoo grounds including peacocks, ducks, pigeons, emus and ostriches.
Bring lunch and sit back to watch monkeys swing or meerkats play. The lion pride and tigers are fed daily at 1:30pm, so time your trip for that!
You can also take a stroll through the bush walk to visit the livestock on the west side of the zoo. While there, be sure to check out the fish in their 1500 litre tank, or say hello to their reptile collection. What a blast!
Hit Buy Now for a terrific time with tigers thanks to Pouakai Zoo!